Weather at Bedford, Hanscom Field, MA - via NOAA's National Weather Service

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

moon

It's a full moon out there tonight. I'd love to post a picture, but am not capable of such feats of photography, unfortunately, because I wish you could see what I've been watching this evening. The moon rises behind my house, in the east, naturally, and must climb through many trees before it reaches clear skies above the woods. Watching that bright disc - yes, I know it's really an orb, but it looks like a disc to my puny little eyes here - is quite entrancing. I had this Cat Stevens story in book form when I was a kid, and thought of it this evening...

1 comment:

  1. I know, just huge! It was setting as the sun was rising just now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being patient - I don't moderate comments every day, but I will get to it!