Weather at Bedford, Hanscom Field, MA - via NOAA's National Weather Service

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

in between

I just came in from a lovely walk - after sunset, but before dark.  The light at that time of day is wonderful - not for photography, but just for looking.  Everyday things look different, somehow.  Today has been very cold, so it was also very quiet - I didn't hear any songbirds, but just before I turned back into my own yard, I heard a great horned owl calling.  Before long, these wonderful birds will be nesting - yes, in the winter.  How and why they do it that way is a mystery to me, but it seems to work for them.
And there is another wonderful moon rising out there also.  And tomorrow's full moon is a blue moon - the second full moon in a calendar month. 

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being patient - I don't moderate comments every day, but I will get to it!