Weather at Bedford, Hanscom Field, MA - via NOAA's National Weather Service

Thursday, December 31, 2009

update

I heard on the radio today that a blue moon is actually the third of four full moons in a season, not the second in a month - which would mean that tonight's moon is not a blue moon, since winter just started.  It is all just words that we put on universal events that would happen with or without our names, so it is really rather arbitrary.  I still like full moons - kind of neat to be able to see at night, isn't it?  But it's cloudy here, so I can't see the moon now.  Even so, it is brighter outside than one would expect.

And tomorrow is a new year - for people; I don't suppose the critters out in the woods will notice much difference between today and tomorrow, and they certainly don't have to remember to write 2010 instead of 2009!

Best wishes for fun adventures and happy learning in the coming months...



chickadee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being patient - I don't moderate comments every day, but I will get to it!