Weather at Bedford, Hanscom Field, MA - via NOAA's National Weather Service

Sunday, November 29, 2009

red-tail

We've had some rain this week, quite a bit actually, and now some beautiful, not-too-chilly sunshine.


My desk overlooks our yard and one of the birdfeeders, so I am accustomed to seeing birds through the window, but usually songbirds. Today, a big red-tail hawk was in a tree just at the edge of the yard. She (I'm guessing - it was quite a big bird) sat there for a while, then flew to another tree nearby. My husband and I went out with our cameras (his has a good telephoto lens, but takes film images) and both of us were able to get quite close to the bird. She clearly wasn't threatened by our presence. I see them flying around here quite often, and hear them frequently, but only rarely see them in my yard, so this was a real treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being patient - I don't moderate comments every day, but I will get to it!