Weather at Bedford, Hanscom Field, MA - via NOAA's National Weather Service

Monday, November 23, 2009

birds


black-capped chickadee



tufted titmouse



kinglet (golden-crowned?)

I filled all my feeders this morning. I know it isn't quite Thanksgiving, but it is a chilly, gray morning, and I had the time. And now all sorts of birds are flying around. Above are a few images. (I know they aren't very good, but I'm still learning photography, and I need a camera with a better telephoto lens.) Anyway - the kinglet is interesting because I don't think I've ever seen one before. I know they are around, but when I first saw this one I was afraid there was a hummingbird that hadn't gotten away before the cold weather hit. I think this was a golden-crowned kinglet, but I couldn't get a good look, and by the time I had my binoculars, it had disappeared, so it might have been a ruby-crowned kinglet, although that is less likely, given their usual territories and habits. As always, I'm thrilled to have seen something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being patient - I don't moderate comments every day, but I will get to it!