Weather at Bedford, Hanscom Field, MA - via NOAA's National Weather Service

Sunday, November 15, 2009

birds

I put my birdfeeders out on Friday. Sometimes I wait until Thanksgiving, or do it on the occasion of the first snow, but we got our first snow was WAY too early this year, and I got impatient waiting for Thanksgiving. Friday was chilly and rainy, and there were lots of birds around, so I filled two of my feeders. The birds came right away, and already I've had all my regulars - chickadees, titmice, goldfinches, nuthatches, blue jays, cardinals. And also this morning, several white-throated sparrows. There are still quite a few berries around, and even some insects, but I like to see the birds flitting around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being patient - I don't moderate comments every day, but I will get to it!