Weather at Bedford, Hanscom Field, MA - via NOAA's National Weather Service

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Starting Out

This an experiment in record-keeping, really. My thought is to record various observations from outside, bringing them inside. Seeing as this is the first time I've tried anything like this, it will be interesting to see if it works, or not.

For instance, on a walk this morning, I heard a Pileated woodpecker calling, but never saw it. I also heard a couple of cardinals, numerous chickadees, some redwing blackbirds, and some mourning doves. To me, that is what makes a walk interesting.

Now, my witch hazel didn't bloom until February this year. Some years it has bloomed in January. My day lilies are beginning to poke through the ground, but I can't see the skunk cabbage yet. I'm sure that will come along soon, since it is now March.

So, this is a beginning, and we shall see where it might lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being patient - I don't moderate comments every day, but I will get to it!