Weather at Bedford, Hanscom Field, MA - via NOAA's National Weather Service

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

new robin's nest

I haven't got any photos yet, but maybe tomorrow (or someday soon)... but a robin - the same one as earlier this summer? - is sitting on a nest above one of my outside lights. I'm a little worried because there is construction going on in the room directly inside, but so far she is still sitting there. We'll hope for the best. The light has a motion sensor, but I turned off the power so as to disturb the nest a little less.

Saw a wood frog and a spring peeper on a woods walk today, and a large puddle full (or pretty close to full!) of green froglets yesterday. Froglets are the ones that are no longer tadpoles, but have not yet reached full size - very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being patient - I don't moderate comments every day, but I will get to it!