Weather at Bedford, Hanscom Field, MA - via NOAA's National Weather Service

Saturday, October 3, 2009

so cool!

I just saw the coolest thing! I'm sitting here at my computer, which has a window looking over a deck and the yard behind it. A moth fluttered by the window, and immediately afterward a blue jay landed on the deck railing. THEN the moth flew back over the blue jay, which took off, caught the moth in mid-air, and flew off to land in a tree. And then presumably ate the poor moth. Nature at its best.

A quick update on the sassafras - so far it looks good. Today is rainy, which will help it adjust.

1 comment:

  1. saw a hawk do that to a squirrel an hour ago...twas sad and noisy....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being patient - I don't moderate comments every day, but I will get to it!