Weather at Bedford, Hanscom Field, MA - via NOAA's National Weather Service

Saturday, October 17, 2009

morning light



The weather forecast for today was pretty miserable, rainy and cold. It is cold, but so far no rain, and a fair bit of sun. I had a lovely morning walk as the sun was coming up - about 7:30, since it is the middle of October. I love getting to sleep in AND see the sunrise in the same morning.
In the round meadow, I found an American Elm that I had never noticed before. I think the sunlight was hitting it just right, so as to catch my eye. The story of the American Elm is a sad one, as so many trees have died as a result of a fungal infection. Perhaps someday we will again see such great trees as lined many of our streets in the past. In the meantime, here is a photo of the one in my nearby meadow. It is good to know that some are still around.

1 comment:

Thanks for being patient - I don't moderate comments every day, but I will get to it!