Weather at Bedford, Hanscom Field, MA - via NOAA's National Weather Service

Saturday, September 26, 2009

it's really fall

Frost this morning! Not at my house, which is protected by many trees, but up the hill, on the power lines and in the open meadow, there was a lovely autumnal frost - just a nip, and a reminder that the seasons progress.

And I saw a new bird - for me. A blue-headed vireo. I gather from reading that they are fairly common around here, but this was my first exposure. Just goes to show that you can always learn something new. It's a pretty little bird, from the glimpse I could get - it was way up high in some oaks.

I've mentioned that there are lots of acorns this year - well, even the Boston Globe thought it was front page news! Check it out at Boston dot com. Here's my pic of some local acorns.

1 comment:

Thanks for being patient - I don't moderate comments every day, but I will get to it!