Weather at Bedford, Hanscom Field, MA - via NOAA's National Weather Service

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

flowers!

forget-me-not - so cheerful and unassuming, they come up in different spots different years

violets - always so sweet - these grow all around my house, including these on my front walkway

trillium - I transplanted this from my neighbor several years ago - it hasn't spread, but it comes back every year (this hasn't fully opened, but it looks pretty this way also)


Japanese andromeda - I just learned the name of this one today, even though it's been here for years - not native, but not invasive, and quite sweet smelling (a robin has built a nest in the bush near my back door)

bloodroot - so this flower has already dropped its petals, but it is a very cool plant that is spread when ants take the seeds back to their tunnels where they then grow
shadbush - this looks better in real life than in a photo, but once this blooms I know spring has arrived

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being patient - I don't moderate comments every day, but I will get to it!