Weather at Bedford, Hanscom Field, MA - via NOAA's National Weather Service

Friday, November 26, 2010

red-breasted nuthatch

I've got red-breasted nuthatches at my feeders again this year.  I haven't had them, or noticed them at any rate, for a couple of years now, so it is fun to see them back.
I've also got blue jays, cardinals, chickadees & titmice, white-breasted nuthatches, goldfinches, house finches, carolina wrens, downy woodpeckers, a red-bellied woodpecker, mourning doves, juncos... there are probably more that I'm not thinking of at the moment or that I haven't seen yet. 
I have not seen large flocks of robins as I do some years.  I've seen a few, and I don't know if they haven't flocked up yet, or just haven't made it to where I look for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being patient - I don't moderate comments every day, but I will get to it!